Since the day I was in a pop-warner cheer leading skirt I’ve been in love with sports. Most important in my heart, football. If you remember the intuitive, determined little girl from Remember The Titans who knew every play, call, name and jersey number? Yeah, that was me. I screamed at the T.V. right along side my daddy, and actually knew what I was talking about, pretty much.
As I got older, I realized not only how empowered I felt that I was so informed about sports, some more than others, but the obvious key to a successful dating life: guys think it’s “hot” when a girl knows something about sports! I was definitely not an expert at every sport, but I’m pretty sure they loved the fact I was at least willing to learn and considered enjoying it. Didn’t you know watching the game together is a guy’s dream date?!
I know this isn’t the norm for every girl out there, but guess what?! I’m going to teach you how to not only survive football season, but actually enjoy it and know a thing or two!
1. Ask your guy to teach you the basic rules of the game and stuff you don’t know already! He would LOVE to flex his “sports knowledge” muscles and show you the way. Note: Be sure to ask before game days, guys want to focus on the game and your intuitive questions become annoying instead “hot” for the next 60 minutes.
2. Memorize a few of your favorite players, their number and position. Don’t know which one’s to pick? Start with the good looking ones. Write them down or make yourself flash cards (no I’m not kidding) and get to memorizing asap!
3. Know some history about your team!
4. Each week inform yourself about WHO, WHEN, & WHERE: These 3 simple details give you access into the “guys only” conversations you’re use to.
WHO are we playing WHEN is the game WHERE are we playing
5. Stay tuned for my football tips this season!
Comment now using your Facebook login!
Powered by Facebook Comments