1. (tie) Alabama………..11-1..7-1
4. Mississippi State………8-4..4-4
6. Ole Miss………………..3-9..0-8
SEC Champion: Alabama over South Carolina
National Top 25
1. Oklahoma Veterans on both sides of the ball, plenty of offensive firepower.
2. LSU If Tigers get good QB play, look out. In Bama’s shadow, but are just as talented.
3. Alabama Tide must get by LSU in order to play for a national title
4. Arkansas Three SEC teams in the top four? The rest of the country grinds its teeth.
5. Texas A&M It’s not that the Aggies are this good, it’s that there isn’t much else to pick from.
6. Florida State Seminoles could sneak into the title picture with a little luck.
7. Virginia Tech Hokies need to get off to a quicker start than in seasons past. New QB is key.
8. Oregon Off-field distractions could get the best of the Ducks.
9. Nebraska Cornhuskers are one of those teams that only need a couple of breaks.
10. Wisconsin Infusion of talent at the QB position pushes the Badgers into the picture.
11. South Carolina This could be Steve Spurrier’s last, best chance to compete for a title.
12. Oklahoma State Cowboys are the darkhorse team in the Big 12.
13. TCU Horned Frogs probably have the best chance of being a BCS Buster in 2011.
14. Texas Longhorns can’t continue to be terrible – can they?
15. Boise State Unfortunately, a Goofus And Gallant schedule could give Broncos a shot.
16. Georgia Bulldogs may need to finish higher than this to save Mark Richt’s job.
17. Notre Dame Irish need to show significant progress in Kelly’s second year.
18. Ohio State Buckeyes still have gobs of talent, but coaching upheaval could doom them.
19. West Virginia And speaking of coaching upheaval – here come the Mountaineers.
20. Stanford Andrew Luck returns. Good luck does not.
21. Michigan State Spartans need to shake off effects of bowl massacre at the hands of Alabama.
22. Mississippi State Bulldogs think they have a title shot, but defense lost too many stalwarts.
23. Miami Hurricanes upgraded the coaching situation, but this is still a team of head cases.
24. Missouri Transition year for the Tigers, but they could still surprise.
25. Maryland Randy Edsall’s arrival should toughen Terps’ backbones.
And five more teams that could get into the discussion …
1. BYU Cougars underachieved in 2010, will probably return to form in 2011.
2. Arizona State Sun Devils have new uniforms, new attitude.
3. Auburn Tigers could win 8 or more games under the right circumstances.
4. South Florida Skip Holtz is underrated, and Bulls are in the middle of a recruiting haven.
5. Central Florida George O’Leary isn’t well-liked in the press, but he can coach.
Comment now using your Facebook login!
Powered by Facebook Comments