We have added a new TideFans.com Recipe section! These come from recipes submitted by our faithful members over the last 25 years to the TideFans.com Recipe Forum. We are now putting all of these in a “real” recipe format that is MUCH easier to use, print, share, and adjust to your needs. Stay tuned !
Here is an example of how these recipes will look using one of our first recipes submitted by the late, great bayoutider!
OMG Hot Sauce
- sauce pan
- food processor
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 yellow onion rough chopped
- 4 cloves garlic rough chopped
- 1 lemon large & juiced
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 24 dried red chilies you can substitute other peppers according to your taste
- Put all ingredients in a non reactive sauce pan and bring up to a simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temp.
- Pour everything into a food processor or blender and puree till smooth.
- Pour the hot sauce through a fine mesh strainer or strain through cheese cloth.